About the Logo
Many scientists, with interest in wide range of fields from basic to applied research and various methodologies, are gathered as the members of the RNA Society of Japan. We therefore adopted a universal feature of RNA, the A-type helix structure, as our logo. At the same time, the form of the logo represents “α”, the very first letter of the Greek alphabet. The spiral continuing from “α” expresses RNA existing from the beginning of life and RNA research that leads the science of the 21st century. The color is dynamic, innovative, and passionate red.
History of the Logo
Our new logo was designed in commemoration of quindecennial of the RNA Society of Japan, and to seize on the revamp of the society website. We called for logo designs to the society members, and selected a design that strongly appeals our society. After final refinement by professional designers, the logo was set as shown above on September 2014.
Official information on the selection of the new logo
Regulations for the use of the Logo
The logo shall be appropriately displayed on the abstract books, booklets, posters, websites etc., of the meetings organized, co-organized, co-sponsored or supported by the Society (Cl. 18 of By-Laws). The regulations for the use of the logo are set as described below.
- The Society members are allowed to use the logo without any formalities. High-resolution image files are available at the bottom of this page.
- The logo may be modified in a way to fit the media to be displayed, as long as it remains clearly recognizable. However, we recommend usage of the logo in its basic design (as displayed above) to respect the image as a symbol of the Society.
- For details, please refer to the rules for use described below.
Rules for the use of the Logo
Set by the Council and Secretary Meeting held on September 2014.
Cl. 1 This rule is intended to define the necessary matters for the use of the RNA Society of Japan (hereinafter referred to as "Society") symbol mark and logotype (hereinafter referred to as "Logo").
(The basic design)
Cl. 2 The shape, dimensional ratio, and main colors used in multicolor and monochromatic version of the Society Logo are determined as described in the Figures 1 and 2.
Cl. 3 Following persons are permitted to use the Logo.
- Regular members, supporting members, and honorary members of the Society.
- Organizers of the academic conferences co-sponsored, co-organized, or supported by the Society, and the others with permission from the Society (including a corporates, etc.).
(Scope of use)
Cl.4 The following is the scope of usage of the Logo.
- Posters, abstracts, slides, web sites, other related materials, and non-profit products of academic conference, which is either sponsored, co-sponsored, co-organized, or supported by the Society.
- Occasions when the Society members want to mention the name of the society, link to the Society website, or acknowledge the Society, within printed materials, slides, electronic files, or websites, which themselves manage.
- The other cases which president deems appropriate.
Cl. 5 The Logo is intended to symbolize the Society. Therefore, it must not be used in a way, which impair the dignity of the Society.
Cl. 6 The following should be complied along with the use of the Logo.
- Changing the positional relationship, ratio, or dimensions of each element of symbol mark and/or logotype is prohibited.
- Symbol mark and logotype are recommended to be used in the combination illustrated in Figures 1 and 2, but it is not prohibited to display symbol mark or logotype independently.
- The basic coloring of symbol mark and logotype, and recommended color arrangements according to the background is described in Figures 1 and 2. However, it is not prohibited to modify the colors when necessary.
- Upon display of the Logo, leave a sufficient margin from the other diagram(s), so the Logo would be recognized as independent figure.
Cl. 7 Procedures for the Logo usage is as described below.
- Procedures are unnecessary when regular members, supporting members, or honorary members of the Society use the Logo based on Cl. 4, No. 1 or No. 2.
- Procedures are unnecessary when non-members of the Society use the Logo based on Cl. 4, No. 1.
- Prior permission from the Society president is necessary for the use of the Logo based on Cl. 4, No. 3.
(Discontinuation of use)
Cl. 8 The President has rights to stop the usage of the Logo, forfeit the permission to use the Logo, and take the other measures, when the Logo is used inappropriately according to the Clauses.
- These clauses enforce on September 24th, 2014.
White Background (PNG format)
Transparent Background (PNG format)